April 6, 2021: Themeless 12

 Time for this weeks game of "Spot the grid entry that the constructor didn't notice was a lame entry until it was too late and he was too lazy to fix!" (Hint: it's 29-Across).


Also, re: 41-Down...at my first ACPT in 2016, I had one perfect puzzle destroyed by my inability to remember whether Cambodian money was RIEL or RIAL (RIEL = Cambodia, RIAL = Iran/Oman/Yemen), and for that reason it is my least favorite unit of currency. 


Wait a minute....maybe a theme puzzle about currency would be good?


Final thought: I saw "Godzilla vs. Kong" this weekend. It is a work of fine art; shut down the Oscars race now, it's over <cut-away to interview with my fiancee: "Yeah, it was ok">


***Update- 55-Across has had its pronoun corrected, I cant change the PUZ/PDF files from work but that will come this evening! It should read "Her", not "His"***

***Update #2; PDF and PUZ now updated!***

PDF Version  PUZ Version

Comments

  1. 25A ought to be "Substitute", 53A should be "single", 16D should be "Jekyll's", 36D should be "none", and 59D should be "group".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment