April 20, 2021: Themeless #13

Wait, has it really been over a week since my last post? I'm sure all of you have been very worried. Anyway, here's another Themeless puzzle using the grid I stole from QVXwordz. I'm still going to call it Themeless even though two of the 15-Letter entries are certainly thematically related to my day job. 

PDF Version PUZ Version

Serious question, though; what's the best 80s saxophone solo? I'm tempted to say it's "Hungry Eyes" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, but Hall & Oates' "Maneater" is close. Nominations accepted in the comments. 


Comments

  1. Omoo was written by Melville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a really good point....I should probably read more

      Delete
  2. I'm amused just how much mileage you're getting out of this funky grid of mine! I thought of it as kind of a novelty, but it's a lot of fun to try and fill it cleanly.

    As for the best '80s sax solo, "Maneater" is a very good pick - the sax doing a duet with its own echo is a great trick. I'm also partial to the licks on Romeo Void's "Never Say Never" and Patrice Rushen's "Forget Me Nots," but undoubtedly the #1 on my list is on ... Foreigner's "Urgent." I hang my head in shame of my unhip taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no shame in that! One of those questions where there is truly no wrong answer...

      Delete

Post a Comment